Re: debian potato, Adaptec slimscsi, aha152x_cs

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Alexander Zangerl wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:01:05 EST, hlawson@triad.rr.com writes:

> >Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460D
>
> ditto.
>
> >I can't make this card work with Debian, though it works ok with
> >another Thinkpad with RedHat installed.
>
> interesting. on my box it worked out of the box.
> i'll send you my pcmcia config files privately, maybe they can
> shed light on the mystery.

Thank you.  I can't really see anything different;  I've had this
experience on two different Thinkpads, a 380ed and a 760el.  On
the 380ed I just gave up and kept RedHat after several efforts.

The kernel is 2.2.19-pre17 provided by the Debian install, with
the matching pcmcia modules.  The pcmcia-cs is 3.1.22.  This is
from a set of Cheapbytes Debian disks.

--
Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina