Re: How to Manage Linux laptops on and off the network?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 05:58:06AM -0800, David Roundy wrote:

> As an alternative to divine, I'd recommend intuitively, which was
> originally based on divine, but has a somewhat nicer configuration file
> format.  It also has some other features, but since I use it as a plugin to
> whereami, I don't really use them.

If you want to stick as close as the standard /etc/network/interfaces
network configuratin as possible, you could have a look at guessnet.  It
uses the same detection routines as divine, intuitively, laptop-netconf
and (probably) the arping-based script in whereami and hands over system
reconfiguration to ifupdown.

Be aware that guessnet only performs detection by checking that an IP
address exist on the ethernet network and that it matches a given
macaddress.  For more complicate detection and reconfiguration tasks, I
strongly suggest you try whereami.

Bye, Enrico