Re: How to Manage Linux laptops on and off the network?

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 02:54:28PM -0800, Michael Perry wrote:
>Quoting Boutet, Jeff on Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 12:40:00PM -0800:
>> I know this is more a sys admin thing. But it is somewhat relavent.
>>
>> My company is currently in the process of replacing all the Linux
>> development desktops for laptops, as to increase our developers mobility.
>> Thus the laptop will have to perform in 3 modes no network, our network,
>> someone else's network (using DHCP). Other than custom scripts, run levels,
>> rysc, anyone have any idea's?

I'd heartily recommend divine - I've got it set up on a work laptop.
It seamlessly detects several different company networks and my home
networks and with some local scripting it's very powerful.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                   stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on