Dell latitude C810

Hello,
I am running a debian sid with a 2.4.16 kernel on a Dell latitude C810 and I
have some problems because I think there are some new devices and everything
is not supported.

I can not have the pcmcia working. I have install the pcmcia-cs and
pcmcia-source packages and when I plug the pc-card, the laptop freeze.
02:0f.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller
02:0f.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller
Is somebody has this PC card Cardbus Controller working ?

I can not completely shutdown the laptop with the 'halt' command. I put
CONFIG_APM=y
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
in my kernel.

I try to test ACPI but it crash the laptop when I plug or unplug the AC
power.

When I am using the battery and if I do not touch the laptop during 10
minutes, it crashes alone... I deactivated everything on the bios power
management, and put the same options that for AC power.

Do you think is it a good idea to use ext3 on a laptop that crashes a lot ?
I need to use some kernel patches but it is very unstable.

Is somebody use the same laptop and have any problems ?

Thanks in advance

Alexis