Re: X and resuming (Was: Re: Disk waker)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:08:05AM -0500, Daniel Andor wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 03:14:11PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Note, however, that there are some laptops that need the X servers power
> > management turned off in order for them to resume!!! (Thinking especially
> > of the IBM Thinkpad t23 at least).
>
> Could this explain why on my x21 the mouse events fail to return if I
> suspend/resume while X is running on screen?  Is there a known
> solution to this?

Well, I haven't seen that problem myself, so I don't know a solution, but I
have an X21, and haven't had a problem with suspend/resume while X is
running on screen.  If you like, I could send you my XF86Config-4...
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/