Re: irda

NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

In article <3BD2CC50.1040704@twmi.rr.com>
tallison1@twmi.rr.com writes:

Then does the following make any sense:
I used to configure this as a /dev/ttyS1 serial device
ttyS1 is associated with io 2f8.
nsc-... is associated with io 2e8
Windows/Bios show this as io 0x02f8, irq 3, dma 3

Can I just change the serial device?

If you want to use nsc-ircc, do the following command:

# setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none port 0 irq 0

I've tried this, and it had some success.
But a larger problem I'm running into is that one of the IR related modules is causing my PCMCIA wireless card to go into some bizarre loop of 'NETDEV WATCHDOG' driven re-initializations. The last that this worked for me was on a 2.2 kernel. I am having a lot of troubles with this one...