Re: irda

Wolfgang Fuschlberger wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Tom Allison wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> This is the module that I have used in the past. I believe that
>> the problem is the base IO address referenced in dmesg  doesn't
>> match.
>>

> why do you believe this? did you change your configuration somehow? OK,
>  stupid question. I never know since when something doesn't work
> and what I have changed :-)

Then does the following make any sense:
I used to configure this as a /dev/ttyS1 serial device
ttyS1 is associated with io 2f8.
nsc-... is associated with io 2e8
Windows/Bios show this as io 0x02f8, irq 3, dma 3

Can I just change the serial device?

I've never changed the BIOS, or the Windows set up on this. I'm wondering if I messed something up with some 'setserial' upgrade that I handled poorly.

Alexander - the patch for this nsc-ircc driver I will assume is in the stable tree as I had it working for some time under Debian 2.2r2. It broke when there was an irda upgrade and I couldn't get it working for the longest time.

NEWS: According to the IR HOWTO, I did a 'setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none port 0x0 irq 0' and it's better. If I start jpilot and change the device to /dev/{anything} <this is a problem> I get (from irdadump) some discovery information that includes [Computr IrCOMM ] and [ PDA/Palmtop IrOBEX ] (it's a PalmPilot Vx).

But if I try to specify the device as 'irdadump -i /dev/ircomm[0 or 1]' I get "ioctl: No such device"

I think I'm getting closer...