Re: irda package

NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

In article <3BD2F215.9040404@twmi.rr.com>
tallison1@twmi.rr.com writes:

Does the irda create the device nodes irda0/irda1?

irda[0-9] is like network devices (eth[0-9]), so you don't need to
make it as device file.

This is where I get confused, because some of the information I've found on the web have specific instructions for 'mknod /dev/irda0 c 160 0'...

I guess the first thing I should get an answer to are these two questions:
Can I actually run with with ttyS0 as a regular serial port and ttyS1 as a IR port? If I'm trying to communicate with a PalmPilot Vx, should I load ircomm, irda, irtty, or some combination thereof?