Re: Dell Latitude c800 integrated ethernet

    CF>  [Please CC me, as I am not subscribed to debian-laptop] Has
    CF> anybody managed to get the integrated ethernet on a Dell c800 to
    CF> function?  I've been using a PCMCIA card for it, but I'd love to
    CF> not have to deal with the dongle anymore ...

It depends on which integrated NIC you have. I have the 3Com miniPCI
modem+NIC combo, and the NIC works perfectly using the 3Com vortex
kernel driver.

Some C800 users have an internal combo that uses an Intel-chipset
requiring the eepro100 driver.

    CF> Related question: Does anybody know if the c800 supports
    CF> suspend-to-disk, and if so, could you point me to a good howto
    CF> on setting that up?

Its supposed to. I reinstalled Debian sid on my C800 a couple of nights
ago. I was planning on setting up S2D and I even allocated /dev/hda1 as
the S2D partition but I gave up after a while when I couldn't figure out
how to get Lilo to boot properly from the  boot sector of my root
partition which I had on /dev/hda6.

I have two other primary parititions on this laptop: one for Win2K and
one for FreeBSD.

Having Win2K and FreeBSD on this laptop is more important to me than S2D
so I reformatted and did away with the S2D partition.

You might want to try the linux-dell-laptops Yahoo group for more
information.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com