Re[2]: Debian installation problems

Monday, October 08, 2001, 8:41:18 PM, Glen wrote:

GM> that *I* would do is:
GM> dpkg --purge pcmcia-cs
GM> apt-get install pcmcia-cs
GM> the first command will purge your config files, and the second will reinstall (and reconfig) the pcmcia access.
Did that, and I now got the chance to configure my PCMCIA card (found
out you could do a /usr/sbin/psnetconfig instead).

What are frame type and IPX network number, and do I need them?

GM> you could have a look at the docs on linuxdoc.org (or in /usr/share/doc/en-HOWTO/pcmcia-cs, if you installed doc-linux text) on pcmcia as to what the pcmcia options are, and what kernel modules
GM> you'll need for pcmcia support for *your* card.
Eeeh ok, that sounds hard for a newbie like me - kernel modules?? Do I
even dare to mess with my kernel?

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk