Re: PCMCIA Ethernet failure under 2.4.9

from the menuconfig--> help option:

To use your PC-cards, you will need supporting software from David      x
  x Hinds' pcmcia-cs package (see the file Documentation/Changes for        x
  x location). Please also read the PCMCIA-HOWTO, available from            x
  x http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html#howto

have you installed the pcmcia-cs package as well? Did you look in /usr/share/doc/pcmcia-cs?

there's a README-2.4  in there. if you don't have cardctl, you probably haven't installed the package(s)

glen