Re: PCMCIA Ethernet failure under 2.4.9

Glen Mehn wrote:

> your pcmcia settings should still remain in /etc/pcmcia. Try removing the stuf fyou did and adding the entry for pcmcia in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

I did. The only difference now is that I get "ignorning unknown
interface eth0=eth0".

> you can use ifup/ifdown to manage the intervace, but also cardctl will stop/start the card (and the interface).

I have no such command as "cardctl", all I have is "cardmgr", and there
is no manual entry for it.

Simply running the command causes two beeps to sound, and no change in
response.

I found /etc/pcmcia/network script, tried ./network start eth0, and got
the error:

cat: /var/lib/misc/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory

> You'll probably also want to read the kernel-pcmcia docs, assuming <?> that you're using the kernel drivers, rather than the third party add-ons.

Your assumption is correct. Would you kindly point me to the location of
such documents?

> glne

Curt-