Re: changing drivers

Sebastien 'TiT0' Cazajous wrote:

 Sounds promising.
 How exactly do I associate the orinoco_cs to this card.  Everytime
it starts up it's identified as a wvlan_cs card and loads up from
there. I'm unclear how I can set this association to over-ride the
default wvlan_cs.

Well uninstall the pcmcia_cs package by purging itself. Get the latest pcmcia_cs package from source forge and compile it some modification will be necessary in the Makefile but i do not remember here. Compile and install it.
mobprobe orinoco_cs and launch cardinfo, you will get your card status.

You could maybe use the kernel module too but i don't really try to do it but i read you could.

My configuration is a 2.4.9 kernel home made, a pcmcia_cs home made, before this version of the kernel i use the wvlan_cs module to make my TrueMobile wireless card works and after the upgrade to 2.4.9 kernel, i change the module. That the hermes.conf file that help me making the correct modprobe call when the pcmcia daemon is running. You will have to get this file on the web (thanks google)

A+°

I never got the pcmcia source code to work very well.
But I did manage to get the kernel support running and have managed somehow to get the orinoco driver working. I'm not entirely clear exactly what I did -- bad notes, good driver.

But I keep getting some errors on bad packets (Error -110)

It's not a critical problem, but it's a problem in that my log files are filling up with more surfing that I do from the sofa!