Re: apm death

Tremaine Lea wrote:

What happens if you plug the AC in before putting it to sleep?

On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 04:49, Tom Allison wrote:

bleah!
I upgraded to kernel 2.4 and am running into a problem with apm suspend/sleep.

For example: I hit the keyboard buttons to suspend the computer for the night (not Hibernate) and it goes to "sleep" just fine.
I close the lid, OK.
I plug in the power cord to recharge - computer beeps, comes back to life, and the screen/keyboard hang. I'm not in X at the time because I've always had problems with that with apm functions.

Now my only recourse is to power off and hope I didn't fry my hard drive.

Besides "don't do that", does anyone have any suggestions even where to start?

I have an IBM Thinkpad A21m with Debian -testing installed.

I think that the "DEATH" I was experiencing was from a badly behaving pcmcia card.
even the apm option for suspend or eject failed to fix anything (or work).
But with the card at least suspended - it's working OK.