Re: Best network card for network install?

I did a network install via Linksys pcmcia card but I had to
drop to shell, edit (/target?)/etc/pcmcia/network.opts
manually and then (/target?)/etc/init.d/pcmcia (re?)start .
(Sorry my memory is fuzzy... didn't take notes :( .)

At that point ifconfig told me eth0 was configured so I
exited the shell (back to the install menu) and continued.

I've also done an install on another machine to the dselect
point (off the SGI/ORA/VA slink CD) and *then* configured
the PCMCIA, and run apt-get dist-upgrade to get the rest
from FTP.

I'm still not clear if the debian PCMCIA net install was
broken or if I didn't understand it right.