Re: Debian 2.2 on Thinkpad A21M (DVD playing)

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 08:56:43AM +0100, Dave Swegen wrote:
[...]
> I've written some documentation about how I got the DVD playback working
> at http://people.debian.org/~dsw (it should be obvious which document it
> is).
[...]

Your instructions detail how you use both DeCSS and a patch to make
your drive code-free.  But DeCSS obviates the need for a code-free
drive - at least I'm able to watch various CSS-encrypted DVD's from
different regions with xine and the decss plugin, while the
pre-installed Windows player software still works.

Regards

Rolf