Re: PCMCIA Problems win IBM A20p

Glen Mehn wrote:

you know that, even with pcmcia kernel support (from the 2.4 kernels) you need the pcmcia packages installed -- that's where you get cardctl, /etc/pcmcia/*, etc...

just a thought.
glen

I think that I'm having essentially the same king of problem here.

I have recently built a kernel 2.4.9 from the source package.
I was going to try and install either the 3.1.22 source from the package or the 3.1.29 source from the tar.gz file.
Nothing is even compiling in my case.  There are some script errors.

Now, I have to admit, that I didn't have a /usr/src/modules directory until I made one.
That didn't help matters any.

Now I have gone back to try and reinstall the pcmcia files in hopes that it will recreate whatever is missing. That didn't work.

So, I am left with a kernel 2.4.9 and a pcmcia that doesn't even compile.
I can compile the 3.1.29 from the tar.gz file that isn't debian. But the installation is done as a non-debian package.

Basically - it's seeming pretty broken