Re: how to install debian without floppy drive or cdrom-drive

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:02:07PM +0000, bionanou@iquebec.com wrote:
> I have a laptop, it's an acer with a pentium 100 and
> 16 meg ram. I want to install debian on it but I have
> a problem : I don't have a floppy drive(broken) and I
> don't have a cd drive.  But,I have an adapter that
> enables me to plug my laptop harddrive in my desktop
> and this way, I can acces my laptop hard drive with
> my desktop and modify it.  I also have a cable that
> enable me to transfer files by the parallel port.

Put the laptop hard drive in your desktop instead of the desktop hard
drive.  Do a regular Debian install, following the instructions.  Put
the hard drive back into the laptop.  Boot it up and see if it works,
chances are that it will.  If there are any problems, make sure you
search the web first.  Don't post problems to mailing lists unless you
can be very, very specific about it and the hardware you are using.
And don't post the same message over and over again.

Good luck

Rolf

--
Rolf Heckemann (Dr. med.)	Research Fellow
Department of Imaging   	Hammersmith Hospital, London