Re: pcmcia-cs and configuring network...

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Daniel Pittman wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Werner Heuser wrote:
> >> know intuitively and I think thje other is discover. There is at
> >> least two more.
> > `divine' and maybe some of the ARP packages.
>
> `whereami', which is a suite to detect and configure the network.
> Probably requires a little more scripting knowledge than some of the
> others, though.

and the latest version of 'whereami' has a new script that (with the
'arping' (or iputils-arping, we never could work it out)) package
installed will detect the current network automagically depending on
hardware addresses rather than ip address which can be common across
networks :)

Alex

BTW <SMUGMODE> send thanks on the new script to me ;) </SMUGMODE>