Kernal Image

I recently compiled a kernel from v.2.2.19 to v.2.4.4

After the make bzimage command (for those familiar with the process) I was
not able to see the file bzImage in the
/usr/src/kernel-2.4.4-source/.../i386/boot/ folder.  The how-to states a
linux folder in the src folder but for some reason it created the
kernel-2.4.4-source folder.  Anyway, I was expecting to see the bzImage but
did not because I needed this to show lilo where to boot the 2.4.4 kernel or
at least move the file to the /boot folder to have lilo get to it.  Also, I
ran bzdisk.  Does this erase the bzImage and put it onto the disk and that
is the reason I can not find the file?  I am new at the compiling but I was
happy I could get the kernel to boot from the disk.  Thanks for any help.