From: Tom Allison [mailto:tallison1@twmi.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2001 5:31 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: wooky->potato

I'll start out kind of vague as I'm looking for a yes/no kind of
reply right now.

I have a notebook that I installed about a year ago.
At the time I did a stable install and then upgraded to testing.
After running 'apt-get dist-upgrade' a lot, everything came up
cool and I have the XFree86 4.x support that I need.

I've recently tried the same method of installing and upgrading to
woody and this entire XFree86 is a complete bust, in addition to
many other problems I am seeing.  I can't say that there are any
significant problems other than the deb packages seem to have all
there relationships in "dysfunctional" mode.
I start getting into so many conflicts that eventually it all
breaks down and when I am able to get most of the errors resolved,
there is nothing X related on the system and I can't seem to add
anything in.

Has anyone else been finding upgrades to woody getting better or
harder?