Re: Very Selective upgrade

Tom.....

> I've got 'stable' installed, but I want to include the 'testing'
> version of openSSH...

Don't do what I did and just install the testing deb.  Heather told me the
way to do it was to build my own deb from the source code and she was
right!  What a learning experience I had, it worked for a while, but then
I got adventurous and tried to install more.  The libc updated and broke
many of the old packages.

Now I just run testing which is stable enough for me.  I do web
development on my machine.  If I'm in the midst of a project I don't do
any updates on the off chance something I'm using may break.

Others can tell you the exact steps (I've never done it), but the summary
is use apt-get to get the non-compiled SOURCE code of the testing package
you want to install, build your own deb for your machine and install that.

brew