Very Selective upgrade

Can someone give me an example of how I would upgrade a specific package from 'testing' without affecting any of the apt-get libraries? If I change the sources.list to include 'testing' then I get all kinds of files selected for upgrade. I really don't want to move anything out of 'stable' right now as I've tried repeated upgrades and they all result in a horrific system failure. I've got 'stable' installed, but I want to include the 'testing' version of openSSH...