Re: Trouble with X 4.0.3 on IBM T22 (kernel 2.4.5)

Hello!  I just saw this thread on the archives, and wanted to comment.

Martin:
I own a T22 with the S3 Savage and had the same problem with the weird
interlaced blue lines... It seems to happen only with 24 bit color, though --
16 bit is fine.

Martin Schwenke:
Thanks for the 1400x1050 modeline!

As for apm issues, I'm running 2.4.6 and don't have the network problems, but
I _do_ get corrupted sound whenever I unplug or plug in the machine.  I think
this is due to speedstep changing the speed of the processor.... if I restart
artsd (or if i'm not in kde, restarting alsa) then the problem is fixed.

Sometimes the cs46xx driver fails to load at bootup (gets a AC 97 read error,
this seems to be a documented bug based on some bits of stuff I read off the
alsa site), but this now only happens when I boot into linux directly after
shutting down out of windows.... i also read it may be related to PCI power
saving stuff in the bios, anyone have any experience?

Thanks!