StarOffice installtion crashes on IBM T22

This might be a bit offtopic, but my IBM T22 laptop is the only machine I have
had this problem with :-)
My machine simplu hangs the first time I press a button in the StarOffice 5.2
installation wizard. I have tried several different editions of SO 5.2, both
downloaded from sun.com and from a Sun CD and all of them crash. Crashing in
the way that the only thing I can do to get in contact with the machine again
is to switvh it off and on again.
I have tried the installation on a couple of other machines and it works fine
there. The only difference between the crashing and the working machines is
that the crashing machine is a IBM T22 laptop using XFS.

My machine is a IBM T22 (2647-B8G) runnig Debian testing with kernel 2.4.5.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you got a solution to the problem?
--
Martin Skøtt
martin@z3n.dk