Toshiba Laptop

Hi,

SuSE's 6.4 is currently (still) running on my laptop
(Toshiba Satellite 230CX) which is about two and a
half years old. But the system is running fine so far.

On my new harddisk I would like to run Debian 2.2r2 or
its latest release respectively.

Do I have to expect any troubles with Debian
supporting my hardware, bearing in mind that I have
not yet had any troubles with SuSE?

Finally, early in July we have got the "Linuxday" in
Stuttgart /Germany. Should I get the current 2.2
release immediately or should I wait until that
exhibition in July, for a new release (maybe 2.3 or
so)?

Thanks very much in advance.

Greeting, Bernd.