Re: New ... please help

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:12:20AM -0600, Razvan Roncov wrote:
> hello...
> I just installed Debian on my laptop ... but I have 3 "little" (I hope they are little)
> problems:
> 1. My network card was not installed .... Surecom (pcmcia slot)

 Is that a Surecom EP-427X?  If so, do you have time to help me get Linux to
support it?  I've got an EP-427X myself, but I'm not sure if its my (old)
laptop that's the problem, or the driver.  (The driver disk that comes with
the card includes source that is a small change to a really old version of
pcmcia-cs's ne2k driver, for use with a 2.0 kernel.  I think I've figured
out what Surecom added, but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop :(

> 2. My resolution for XServer all though I set it to 800x600 ... it still displays a biger resolution
>    therefore I cant see the whole desktop

 Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and change the order of the  Modes  line, in the
Screen  section that applies to your video card.

> 3. does Debian support USB mouse ... if yes ... how could i configure it ... ?
> I would appreciate any advice I can get ....

 Don't know about that one...

--
#define X(x,y) x##y