Re: New ... please help

Thusly Thwacked By Razvan Roncov:

>    hello...
>
>    I just installed Debian on my laptop ... but I have 3 "little" (I hope
>    they are little)
>
>    problems:
>
>    1. My network card was not installed .... Surecom (pcmcia slot)

   I just went through the lastest pcmcia info
   (pcmcia-cs-3.1.25) and Surecom isn't listed as a supported
   card.  However, I think this may be an NE2000 compatible
   card, so follow the PCMCIA-HOWTO to get it installed.

>    2. My resolution for XServer all though I set it to 800x600 ... it
>    still displays a biger resolution
>
>       therefore I cant see the whole desktop

   Make sure you're using the right xserver, or just use the
   generic VGA16 or SVGA xserver.  Use xf86config to help
   configure it all.

>    3. does Debian support USB mouse ... if yes ... how could i configure
>    it ... ?
>
>    I would appreciate any advice I can get ....
>
>    Thank you for you time ...
>
>    Razvan

   Hope this will help...jc