Re: VAIO

--- amael <amael@chello.at> wrote:

> hi! just a quick question...
>
> i have a vaio myself (pcg-sr1k) and basically i am very happy with it
> HOWEVER i did end up with a console the size of a stamp in the middle of
> the screen! i've been trying to solve that awhile ago, but couldn't come
> up with anything and basically i more or less got used to it (the
> start-up routine looks cool even, hehe).
>
> if this isn't anything *permanent* and there in fact is a way to get it
> back to normal i would really appreciate if you could let me know!

Well, I'm too lazy to go and look what is the hardware in this model, but
I suspect it doesn't support it. As I said, it does the scaling
automagically... The video card on my laptop is an ATI Rage Mobility.

Have you tried to use the console on framebuffer ? This would be an
alternate, software solution.

    Francois.

=====
Francois BOTTIN
--
    "How kind," the PFY sighs. "But where will I go?"
    "Somewhere where they know nothing about computing...