Re: How to use touch pad and mouse?

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 11:28:27AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> I have a touchpad (ps2) and an external USB mouse.
> I use both mice at the same time using the -M option for pgm. I also
> set up X to get the mouse data from gpm.
>
> It works.
>
> Previously I had ps2 external mouse that was disabling the internal touchpad.
It might depend on what type of laptop you have.

On my Dell Inspiron 3700 the BIOS settings can be changed so you can use
both touchpad and external PS/2. Only one flaw though - using the mouse
disables the touchpad for 'bout 2 seconds and vice versa. Gpm didn't need
to now - both touchpad and ps/2 mouse got fed through /dev/psaux.

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com