Portege 7020ct

hi

trying to install 2.2r1 from floppies produced from the cds onto a portege
7020ct.

i get the "boot failed" message after the it starts to boot the kernel.

from my searching of the web/usenet/lists this is similar to the problems
experienced with toshibas with 2.1 and solved by using the tecra floppy.

is there a tecra floppy for 2.2?

the only other thing i can think of is do i need to pass any parameters
to the kernel at boot?

thanks
marty

"I can't buy what I want because it's free. Can't be what they want
because I'm me." - Corduroy, Pearl Jam