Re: hibernation

Thanks for the explanation, Sylvain.  I was able to
recreate the hibernation file using this advice from
Tom Allison:

You might try this:

>From windows partition turn off Hibernation (BIOS SETTING?) and boot into
Windows.
Reset (ON) the Hibernation and boot into Windows.  Then while in windows
try Hibernating the computer.
then try the same in Linux.

Why?
Hibernation is nothing more than a FAT based file (like swap) that is a
mirror of everything in RAM.  But it may need to be created (via
windows)
before you can use it in Linux.