Re: Network configuration conflicts with PCMCIA ethernet card

Jacob Meuser wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 02:46:05PM -0300, Carlos Menezes wrote:
> > Please,
> >
> > Could someone give me suggestions? I've had some problems when my PCMCIA ethernet card  is on and I try to connect to my ISP by modem (ppp). I get messages like 'Network is unreachable'. My /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file set local IP to and I know that pppd assigns a dynamic IP to my machine; it seems this is the problem, but how could I
> > configurate them correctly?
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> You need pppd to set up your default gateway.  Try 'man pppd' for details.

In Olaf Kirch's book there is a comment that defaultroute option of pppd only creates a default route if there is not  one.
If I initialize PCMCIA after pppd, all runs; if I initialize pppd after PCMCIA, network is unreachable.

Carlos Menezes.