cron & anacron

Hi!

I would like to know what to do with cron & anacron issue. There has allready
been some discusion on that topic here, but I am still not sure what to do. Can
anacron replace cron or not? Since cron is quite cpu intensive (and battery by
that mean) and runs quite often... it is a battery hog for a battery powered
device, while on the otherhand anacron only runs when it runs from mains, and
conserver power that way... even linux laptop powered says so.. so what should
I do, should I remove cron and use solely anacron? I don't have and don't
intend to run any of my own background scheduled proceses, just the default
system ones...

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--