Re: _PCMCIA_"make_all"_errors

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 08:09:29AM -0800, Donnie Jones wrote:
>> > 	Following the pcmcia-howto I first did "make
>> > configure" on the pcmcia source and use the
>> defaults,
>> > and that went fine.  Next I did "make all" in the
>> > process of doing this I recieve and error and the
>> > compiling halts.
>>
>> I take a guess that you compiled your own kernel
>> (from /usr/src/linux). In
>> this case, what you should do, is remove the debian
>> /usr/include/linux
>> branch (after backing it up, of course) and
>> symlinking /usr/include/linux to
>> the place of your custom made kernel include files
>> (probably
>> /usr/src/linux/include/linux).
>>
>> I admid, I don't know how this relates to debian
>> packages, since the files
>> from /usr/src/linux are undoubtedly in some package,
>> so deleting them just
>> like this might be considered rude by apt, etc...
>>

> I did that as you said and I still received the same
> error when trying "make all."
>
> Any other ideas?

Try installing kernel-package and using the make-kpkg command.
Documentation is available in /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz
and /usr/share/kernel-package/README.modules (adds info for compiling
modules like pcmcia to the main instructions.)

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com
Texas Instruments            bradshaw@ti.com