Re: Mouse on fire

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Artur Guja wrote:

> For a couple of weeks now I've been trying to configure X on my laptop
> with my A4 Tech WWW-11 mouse (PS/2). The XFree 3.6 was all right when
> configred as IMPS/2. However, after switching to XFree 4.0, the mouse
> behaves funny. It works all right for a couple of seconds, then just
> jumps erratically all over the screen, pressing buttons at random, and
> then again a couple of seconds of proper behavior, again and again.
>
> Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Is it a laptop problem, or
> maybe a mouse/X problem?

sounds familiar.....try using the PS/2 mouse driver first before you start
playing with fancy drivers like IMPS/2.  I would recommend using PS/2 all
the time unless you are some strange features.....only really applies to
touchpads.  Then again some mice don't properly support PS/2 and so you
would have to use a different driver.

Try disabling three buttons (or is it a MS -> AT format problem, got a
switch on the bottom of your mouse?).

good luck

Alex