Re: Mouse on fire
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Mouse on fire
- From: David Reviejo <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:41:26 +0100
- Message-id: <20010106164126.B14329@pandora>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:47:38AM +0100
- References: <email@example.com>
* Artur Guja <firstname.lastname@example.org> [010106 15:32]:
> For a couple of weeks now I've been trying to configure X on my laptop with
> my A4 Tech WWW-11 mouse (PS/2). The XFree 3.6 was all right when configred
> as IMPS/2. However, after switching to XFree 4.0, the mouse behaves funny.
> It works all right for a couple of seconds, then just jumps erratically all
> over the screen, pressing buttons at random, and then again a couple of
> seconds of proper behavior, again and again.
> Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Is it a laptop problem, or maybe a
> mouse/X problem?
Are you using gpm? If yes, this seem the "very known" problem (maybe we
need a FAQ) with gpm and X. Take a look at the archives of this list:
just some days ago there was a thread about this.