Re: Ethernet Card --> that works ?

Hi Benjamin,

I use a cheap NoName card as well. It works fine under windows. I had SuSE Linux
before and it was working after trying a lot of things (including building a new
kernel
and new PCMCIA).
The networkcard even came with a driver (pcnet_cs) that seems to be a little
modified compared to the one that comes with the PCMCIA sources.

Right now I'm using debian but I can't get the card to run. The whole system
stops. Only the on and off switch helps. That way I don't even know where to look
for errors.

I've tried a networkcard of a friend today and it works just fine. It gets
recognized
right away and is even using the same io and irq as mine does.

Jens