Re: Ethernet Card --> that works ?

Jens Helweg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I give up on my PCMCIA Ethernet Card. I think I've tried almost
> everything. 3 different Kernels,
> 3 different versions of PCMCIA sources. The card gets recognized but as
> soon as I start to send
> packages to it (e.g. ping an address or just execute route) the whole
> system hangs. I've tried
> different irq and io (although there's no conflict according to `cat
> /proc/interrupts` and cat /proc/ioports).
>
> So my question is does somebody have another idea of what other thing I
> could try or can
> somebody recommend a card that works for sure and is not too expensive ?
> I think I am willing
> to buy another networkcard...
>
> Thx.
>
> Jens

I use a Linksys PCMPC100 (
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=41&grid=11 ) that works
like a charm.  I've successfully used it under kernels 2.2.14, 2.2.15,
and 2.2.16 and PCMCIA versions 3.1.8, 3.1.14, and 3.1.16.  I got it at
the local CompUSA for $69 if I remember correctly.
--
Morgan	[ zombie-m@yahoo.com ]

He who sacrifices functionality for ease of use loses both and deserves
neither.