Shutdown causes time loss on a Toshiba Tecra 8000

Hi,

A friend of mine has Debian on a Toshiba Tecra.  He is experiencing
problems when he suspends it, namely that the clock seems to go to
sleep as well as everything else.  This means that when he resumes,
the clock is slow.  Surely this shouldn't happen?  Does anyone have an
idea on what's wrong and how can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark.