> 64Meg RAM question

I am running slink on an IBM 560Z with 128Meg of RAM.  Only 64Meg are
being seen (as evidenced from doing "dmesg").  Now, I have seen in
various HOWTOs that this is expected, and the solution is to build the
kernel with "newmem" set.  However, I'm puzzled.  Two guys at my
office built their systems using the same set of floppies and they see all
128Meg in their machines without doing anything special.  The
difference seems to be that they are not using laptops.  Is this
something peculiar to the laptop version of the Pentium II?  Is there
step by step documentation somewhere to help me through the kernel
build required for this fix?

Thanks,

Biff

--