Re: confusing pcmcia problems

---- Heather <star@starshine.org> wrote:
> did you says tty little-s 2 ?  shouldn't it be ttyS2 ?

Boy do I feel like an idiot! I'm still confused though, because it was
working... Changed to ttyS2 and modem works fine. in /dev there are,
however, ttys0, ttys1, etc. as well as ttyS0, ttyS1, etc. Why are the
ones with lower case 's' there?

On the ethernet side, what else would allow DHCP to function, obtain
an IP address and add a nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf, but still end
up with non-functioning network?

Still confused... Michael

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com