Re: xf86config and Neomagic 256AV (and now apt-get dist-upgrade)

I think I should move to woody, then.
Just one question: If I do an "apt-get dist-upgrade" to woody, what happen
with potato's packages that are no longer needed in woody?
I think there shouldn't be major problem, but I don't want to harm my
notebook with unstable software, altough I only have a base install and
gcc.
Well, I think I should do a dist-upgrade, because I would get a real 2.2.17
kernel, and the latest pcmcia and alsa sources.
BTW, the thinkpad has an ESS Solo1, is that enough with the kernel support
or it does sound better if I use alsa?

Por favor, responda a "Christopher Hicks" <cmhicks@stretten.demon.co.uk>

Destinatarios: JUAN VICENTE/BANELCO/AR
CC:
Asunto:   Re: xf86config and Neomagic 256AV

The version of XF86 in potato is too old to have 256AV support. You need to
get a newer version. You are right that it is the SVGA server that you
need.
Christopher