Re: Best Laptop?

Personally, I really like dell laptops. I bought an inspiron 3200 from Dell
about 2 and a half years ago, and it's still working fine. A few problems
with a small connector cable for the monitor which causes it to go crazy
every once in awhile, which I'm about to have fixed soon, but other than
that all's well. Everything on this laptop is supported in linux, and I've
used linux since the early kernel 2.0.30 days (not all on this machine, it
isn't that old). I've had a few minor problems with tech support, because it
seems that it just can't get fixed. But I'm convinced this is a design flaw
in the earlier inspiron models (the 3000 and 3200), and even some of the
older sony models. A friend of mine had the exact same problem with the
monitor on his old sony laptop.

Anyway, I know it seems like I've had lots of problems with my Dell laptop,
but like I said, I'm convinced it was only a design flaw with the earliest
inspiron models. It doesn't bother me that much. I would highly recommend
the newer inspirons Dell has released, especially the brand new 8000 model.
Those babies look nice :). I'd certainly consider buying from Dell again if
I had the money. They are after all rated #1 in service & support. I
wouldn't let my tech support problems with this particular machine prevent
me from buying a new one in the future. I hope I haven't just dissuaded you
from buying from Dell, because they really are great in the area of laptops
:). Friends of mine have bought the newer inspirons, namely the 7500, and
I've seen a new 5000e model at school too. I wouldn't think there'd be any
flaws or anything with the new ones :). If someone gave me a new Dell I'd
certainly use it :).

- webfreak

webfreak@themes.org
http://e.themes.org php developer