Re: Best Laptop?

I have a Lattitude CPx right now (company machine), and it works pretty
well.  I have some problems with the docking station wrt sound.  With
XFree 4.0.1, I also have video problems with the docking station.  But
except for that, it's a reasonable machine.  Overall, I'm pretty happy
with it.  I like the dual eraser head/touchpad mouse.

The only downside is the lack of a hardware volume knob, which is
avoidable if you get a sound driver that will run the Maestro-3i (not
OSS/Lite), and use the mixer controls instead.  I paid opensound $30,
and it works ok, except for while it's docked.

I gather the docking station problems are kind of universal - that most
things work, but have little things that you run into with them, no
matter which laptop you have.

I've also used a Toshiba Satellite Pro 45?? before, it was good.  If I
was to get it again, it would probably be a Toshiba Tecra 8100 instead,
mostly because it's lighter and I didn't really need the 15" screen.  It
worked well with Linux as well.

Aaron