[Fwd: pcmcia ethernet card]

--- Begin Message ---
Hi all,
I'm trying to install a Netgear model FA 510 eternet card on my laptop.
Right now the laptop has just go the Slink base system on it and once I
get the ethernet card working I'll install all the other packages I
need.

I went through the network configuration in the install but it doesn't
seem to work.  when I try to ping another machine on the network:

    >ping 192.168.1.1

I get the responce

    ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
    ping: wrote 192.168.1.1 64 chars, ret=-1

also, when I try to configure eht0 with ifconfig:

    >ifconfig eth0

I get,

    eth0: unknown interface.

Any ideas?  I'm new to networking and pcmcia devices to so if you could
point me to any documentation I should read I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
Andy

--- End Message ---