Re: [Fwd: pcmcia ethernet card]

It is a long time since I managed to have the pcmcia ethernet card
working, so I hope I'm not giving you bad infos, anyway it's nothing
you can't find in the pcmcia howto.

Get the product info about your card by running 'cardctl ident', e.g.:

booker:/etc/pcmcia# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  product info: "PCMCIA", "LNT-10TN", "1.0"
  manfid: 0x0000, 0x0100
  function: 6 (network)
Socket 1:
  no product info available
booker:/etc/pcmcia#

Then lookFor/put an appropriate entry in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, e.g.:

card "Ethernet NE2000 compatible"
  version "LNT-10TN", "1.0"
  bind "pcnet_cs"

I can't remember at the moment the exact URL of the "dbase" with all
of these entries collected, I believe that you find it if you just
follow the links in the pcmcia howto, we are also encouraged to post
the product identity of any not-found card.

Hope that helps,
Nicola

--
If one day you find out that the address nbern@iname.com isn't working
any more, (some)one of the following ones should be surviving: