Re: i still can't install linux!

> I don't think you will succeed with only 8 Meg of RAM. I have lately
> plugged out 32 Meg's from a 40 Meg desktop system. It worked, but dselect
> would not come up as the system was busy swapping.

8mb is definitely not below the limit - i recently installed potato on two
computers with only 8mb of ram (16mb swap) - an old thinkpad and a sparc
station. both work great except for swapping of course when i'm trying to
start big programs.

heby

Christoph Hebeisen                                        Graduate Student
Department of Physics                                           cth@sfu.ca
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6                                  Phone +1 604 291-5924
Canada                                               Fax   +1 604 291-3592