Gateway solo 2150 hangs on reboot

I have a gateway solo 2150 and rarely does it reboot correctly when I tell it
to shutdown and reboot (eithe via 'shutdown -r now' or selecting it from kdm).
It shuts everything down, but when it goes to tell the BIOS to reboot it
hangs and I geta whitish/blank screen and it is hung. Turning the power off
of course does not hurt because everything is shutdown. I realize this
is probably a BIOS problem, but everything else works great. It suspends
properly, turns the power off on shutdown, etc. I just can't get it to reboot
properly (once in a great while it'll do it). So does anyone know what I can
do? Has anyone ever had this type of problem? I am running potato with
2.2.17pre6 with apm compiled in and the apm daemon.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@users.sourceforge.net
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson