Re: eth0: reentering the interrupt handler!

Mounie G quoth apon Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 09:46:49PM +0200:

> Hi,
>
>  I have bought for my old HP800 CT (P100) a low end
> 10/100 PCMCIA network card (kingmax). It had a nice
> sticker on it: windows 2000 and **linux** ready.
> (There is no Windows on my laptop)

I bought the exact same network card -- and by the sounds of
it, with the exact same packaging.

>  I plugged it in, but I have continuously
>
> "eth0: Reentering the interrupt handler! isr=0x0
> imr=0x0." each time a packet arrived.
>
> Sometime, it works (incoming ping: ~1 time /20 succeed).
> I can even download some files using dhttp as a
> remote server (using telnet to "GET" (lynx and wget work
> less realibly)).
>
>  The card seems to be a (almost :) ne2000-compat.
> The (automatically) loaded module is thus pcnet_cs.
> I tried to change all its parameters in config.opts
> without any success.
>  I also tried some parameters change for the i82365
> controller.

There was some linux drivers that came on the CD supplied
with the package, the same drivers are available on the
http://www.kingmax.com.au/ website. These drivers seem
to replace some of standard modules with their (modified)
copies.

>  I am using a woody with 2.2.17 kernel, 2.1.3-10 glibc
> and the default woody pcmcia-cs 3.1.20-2. Any idea on what
> I can do, save waiting for 3.1.21 .deb or suing
> kingmax ? (Does a glibc to 2.1.94 upgrade may help ?)

I was using slink (no network = no network update, and i cant
burn cds) with a 2.2.12 kernel, and i grabbed the pcmcia-cs source
and compiled it myself -- that was required for these modules.

Although after doing this, my system will reconise the card
when i insert it (before (using default modules) it didnt..)
but i still have similar problems to what you exhibit, including
TX-done missing errors, and i am only able to access into or
out of the computer whilst i am pinging my gateway, often the ping
times get up to around 8000ms.

Does anyone know if this could be a problem related to the network
card, its drivers, or is it my hardware ?